Pages

▼

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Get to Stepping - the Game is Afoot!

 My Sister In Law is a Challenge Master!  She is so competitive that she can make a game out of just about anything! If you want to get her you better make sure you know what you are doing because she is also really good at a lot of things!  Darts, Cornhole, yad work, painting, badminton......she can do it all and loves to challenge!  She beats me often - and laughs me outta the room!

My dad with the VFW dart boards in the background.  She couldn't challenge me this night because she was playing darts somewhere with her dad - Winning!

This past week she has been checking on my fitbit operation - making sure it is working - you know - just in case.....Game ON!!!!

She asked me how many steps I get a day, and why I walk all the way through the office area to use the copier?  I answered beause it is 250 steps from my office to the copier and back if I go through the main office at the School!  Makes my Fitbit happy!

It could be better but compared to two years ago - pre hip replacement - I am killin it!

I have it set so that it reminds me at ten minutes to the hour and I expect to have activity for 11 hours out of the day.  It all adds up and I have lost about 20 pounds recently by keeping busy that way - and eating healthy at Mom and Dads house too!

So......she challenged me - who gets the most steps a day in?  Pretty sure I do since the copier is only 10 steps from her desk!  Then again.....I did lay down the "Challenge accepted"! Pretty sure we will see her running the stairs and making laps around the upstairs and downstairs levels of the school on her way to the copy machine!  It IS a COMPETITION!

I texted her this evening to remind her to find her Fitbit because "game on" (yes she actually has NOT been wearing one) and her reply to my text?  HAHAHA - she laughed!

I did not get as many steps today as I usually do - it was just under the 10,000 step goal, but I did have a lot of sit down things I had to do today....sometimes you just gotta finish a thing! or two!

It is full on Fall here now ans the snow has been creeping down the mountains across the Inlet already!  Leaves are falling, turning colors, and putting pressure on all of us to get all the winterization things done before that snow gets down here and keeps us from doing the outside things!  Like walking very far without ice cleats on.  It will be indoor sports happening, other than making sure the dogs go away from the house to do their business - so steps will be harder to get - maybe - only if Sister In Law gives up the challenge, which is not bloody likely!

Ill keep you posted as we go - Im not exactly sure what our parameters for the Challenge will be either, but Ill give you an update once in a while and let you know how we are doing!

I hope you are able to get moving a little during your day, and that you have people who love you and who love to challenge you to be better!

Blessed Be!




No comments:

Post a Comment