Sunday, December 7, 2014

High Tea in a small town!

I posted recently about my mother giving the gift of tea party and how having that is so important.  Yesterday my mother once again gave me a gift of tea party!  We have a new tea shop in town  - Clumzy Clover Tea and Treasures ( find them on Facebook at  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Clumzy-Clover-Teas-Treasures/ ) and they serve High Tea!  It was a rare kid free, time available for shopping day for me and when I asked mom what was on her Christmas list, she asked me what my day looked like - and invited me for tea!


We had so much fun and really it was the first time in a long time that we got to have a real visit, just the two of us.  The food was divine!  Can you see the little green glass on the bottom tier?  That is Dill Pickle Soup!  I never would have thought about even trying it but mom tried it first and said it was good - she doesn't usually fib to me about food - so I gave it a go.  There were other delights on the tray as well - Egg Nog Scone, a savory puff pastry something with feta and spinach and a tomato stuffed with a quinoa salad that made me want to lick the bowl!

One of our conversations was about how "we" - as in our family - are good at trying to teach self care as well as care taking, and that as a society "we" might not be very good at teaching that.  "We" have to do better!  I have talked to people who would love to have a tea party but they worry that people will think they are "silly" for doing that.  Be Silly!  Host a tea party - or invite your friends to a tea house, or even a tea shop near you!  Make sure you let your kids know that it is OK to do that with friends and family- even if they like coffee better!  My boys like a tea party - even though I secretly think they are coming for the food - it still gives them the sense of comfort and joy, after all  - 'Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment