Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Its that time of the year!

You can probably tell by the sporadic nature of my posts that it is THAT time of the year!  Yes folks it is Hockey Season!  My youngest still plays hockey both league and high school levels - at the same time!  So - as most farmers slow down in the winter - my pace sometimes picks up!

I love hockey - I love the work ethic and skill that is required to play a sport with 3 inch pucks, hockey sticks and boots with blades on them.  The amount of work that is required to stay in shape and "keep the hands" so that they can "put the biscuit in the basket" and "dangle the goalie" is nothing short of super human!  I get tired just watching them!



Some people say Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year - and sometimes I agree, but sometimes I think that hockey season is the most wonderful time of the year!

So cold and crisp inside the rink and the camaraderie of all the parents who are hoping for the win but never begrudge it to another team - especially its players who are working (almost) every bit as hard as mine!

We have more than one team at any given time and so the kids all have friends that are on a team with them that during high school they have to play against and try to win - it is hard sometimes to score a goal on your cousin or to have your goal denied by that same cousin!

Tournament time is wonderful - hard hard work but wonderful all the same - eight groups coming together for the love of the game!

That doesn't mean I dont dream of summer!  Stay tuned - I am looking at seed catalogs in my spare few minutes that arent taken up working or on the road - we will be trying ghost and fish peppers this year here on the farm.  Ill (try) to keep you posted!




No comments:

Post a Comment