Sunday, February 9, 2020

A Gift of Inspiration and Love - Rise

A friend of mine who does some energy/intuitive/healing work, and who has seen some heavy burdens of her own, a few weeks ago asked in her Facebook story what her friends "word of the year" was.  Thinking she was just polling the group for good things and uplifting words, I added my word to her list: "Rise".  It was an interesting thing as I had really, literally, just come up with that the day before she put it out there - I struggle in the New Year as we go forward without Rye and with lots of changes to our situations each year, but stepping into a new year without one of our children is one of the really hard things that loss mothers have to do each year.  Move forward without leaving behind.  In thinking of my "word for the year", I had been trying to find a short way to remind myself that I can be better, do better, and make things matter.  Rise.

A day or two later she asked for my mailing address.  I get that request a lot so I didn't think much about it - might be for a card or an invitation or something.  


Instead, and delightfully, it was this bracelet, with my word of the year on it.  With a beautiful card and a butterfly stamp!  So I don't have to be my own reminder - I have something tangible for those days when I can't wear my "Keep F'ing Going" bracelet for whatever reason, I now have "Rise"!  Ill be honest in saying I have been wearing both almost daily - Rise and Keep F'ing Going on the same wrist - daily!  The Keep Going bracelet is a solid metal one, and when worn together - the Rise chimes against it so I don't even have to look down - I just know that I can "Rise and Keep F'ing Going"!  No one else has to know.


The card reads "Thank you for sharing your 2020 word with me.  This is for those times when you may need a reminder or for just every day!"  Isn't it beautiful and wonderful?  I can feel the love every day from this blessed bracelet.


One of the things I have discovered on this journey "without", through grief and sorrow, and memories and , and, and.... is that it is often helpful to put your pain out there and let others know a glimpse of how this hard road feels.  I'm not saying to let that completely crazy, half skeleton smiling face show, but just a glimpse of what we bear each day just getting out of bed.  I know I have made other "loss mothers/fathers" cry with my writing, and that is never my intent, but lets face it - there will be crying anyway, and you know you are not alone and certainly not "weird" in your feelings.  Those who have not experienced this level of loss, and we hope they never do, will be better able to help us "Rise" if they sometimes have a glimpse of what we feel every day.  I thank you Shelly (and all the others in my life daily) for seeing me, hearing me, and helping me to Rise.

Happy New Year
Rise and Blessed Be



No comments:

Post a Comment