Friday, November 26, 2021

I love you more.....

We say I love you in many ways, so that our people can hear us and that maybe they can hold the words and the feeling of that love in their hearts when we are apart from one another.  We add hearts, and emoji to our conversations to show it, and we remember love from lost ones too. Dried flowers hang or are displayed in a vase, given with love from long ago.

The simple "I Love You" is sometimes overused, or maybe it is heard so often on television or in the world even that some of our people arent able to really hear and feel us say it...... so we try again in a different way.

At our house we say things like; 

I love you more than the sky is blue and than the moon is full.

I love you to the moon, to the ground and all around, 

There among the stars....

and sometimes

I love you to mars, and beyond all the Universe has for stars.

Hubby always says "I love you the mostest!"

Sometimes the I love you is not a spoken thing, it is a "love you" bite from your sandwich.  When we were little our mom would make our lunch sandwiches and take a little bite of each - she called it the "love you bite". (I'm pretty sure it started as a tiny bite of a delicious sandwich, but...) I did the same for my kids - still do if I am making them a sandwich.  I found that I really missed that when I was grown and before I had kids. 

Or sometimes it is a sweetheart cutting heart shapes in your apple when he takes the core out to make your lunch!  Not my idea here but I sure do love it!

I also want to know how he kept that apple from turing brown on the inside!?!  Must be love!

There are also the love songs, sent somehow, from somewhere in the Universe to soothe a borken heart or to fill it with love and make that love known....

Yes, that is 43 hours and 20 minutes of music, sent with love from above somehow.  It's a short list as I don't always recognize the song he sends so I can add it to the list.... still working on that.  Maybe he thinks I need to broaden my horizons some?  Is this a test? 

And still sometimes it is a hand forged sign to hang for all to see and to remind you that now matter where you are or where your people are, and no matter how the cold and snow have seeped in, that you are loved!

Thank you to my Reedo for this one!

Especially in this holiday times, when things get hard for a lot of people, and when it seems dark (and it really IS dark in Alaska this time of year), we've said it bofore and I'll say it again; 

LOVE YOUR PEOPLE!


Blessed be and may you see the love and the light in everything and every day!  I love you more......


No comments:

Post a Comment