Sunday, February 6, 2022

Down with the Sickness - and feeling the Love!

 This past week (few weeks actually) have been a little rough!  I have had some stressors and some issues and no matter how hard I tried to raise my vibe I could not get outta my head most of the time!  I have had a couple of holidays to survive - we did ok at that this year - but also a couple of funerals of the non-covid type as well.  It never matters how it happened - funerals take my breath away and cut me feet from under me.  Especially the music.  Computer death, snowpocalypse, masked again at school, and then not!  On and on it seemed to go.  For us it is also F'ing February, when we have Rye's birthday to survive.  We march... regular life stuff but... we march....

The beginning of Snowpocalypse - early January 2022.

I have been working to lose some weight and I had joined a competition at work even as a weight loss challenge.  My Fitbit keeps track of my steps and my sleep, and I can track my food and water intake as well.  Fitbit gives me the ability to earn some extra points as well when I do "in app challenges".  

One of the other challenges I have entered is the "sleep challenge".  I would get 25 points a week if I sleep for 7.25 hours a night average each four times a week.  Sounds easy right?  Not so fast!  My average so far has been 5 hours and 10 minutes per night!  A few weeks of only 4 hours.  That whole "outta my head" thing has got me down in the sleep department.  It has been that way since before Christmas!  I have had only two nights of 7 hours of sleep since before Christmas.  Not gonna win that one....

One of the things that happens when I don't get enough sleep is.....sickness!  This week I fell off the wellness wagon and down a rabbit hole of flu.  Not Covid!  I have been tested three times and they have all - obviously - been negative.  Two home tests and one away test.  So I just have the regular flu that makes me feel like I have been hit by a truck and my joints are coming apart! Feeling feverish without having a fever... all of the things that make you think you have Covid - I still have my smell and taste though too.  So just some other crappy flu!  My steps have been greatly reduced between the crud and the Snowpocalypse, so.... probably not gonna win that one either! lol or cry!

A beautiful sunset between storms!

I have missed three days of work with this crud, and I touched base with my mom yesterday to check in and when I told her about what I go going on she said "How about a chicken pot pie for dinner tomorrow?"  Who am I to say no?  After all - my  folks make the best pot pie ever including the crust!

I didn't want them to try to come in though as I don't know what I have and I don't want them to have it! So mom said - "we'll do a door drop"!  Perfect!

So they came through the storm, wind and snow that was our weather - again - today!  Brix the dog howled at the door when mom took the plastic bag of books off of the door handle, and set the box of dinner down!  I didn't dare open the door or he would have shoved me aside, stepped on the dinner, and tried to go home with them!  Or knocked one of us down the stairs!

He seems all docile - but as soon as someone comes down the driveaway - its ON! 

After the folks got back out of the driveway and on their way, I cautiously opened the door with a still barking Brix trying to push his way out the door around me.  I was able to steer him around the box and bag of treats that they had left on the porch and he lit out down the stairs and driveway thinking he was going to catch those guys!  

What a pretty package was left at our door!  This was after I brought it in before Brix could investigate!

Isnt it beautiful!?!

While he was looking for where they might have gone I rescued the box and bag into the house!  Such a beautiful care package my folks put together!  I am feeling the love.  She had asked if I wanted it cooked or not and I said "not" since its a great way to warm up the house a little more during the cooking process and I wasn't sure when we would want to eat either.

Not just a potpie, but a whole entire meal for us and enough that we could have leftovers too!  What a relief that I don't have to cook for a few days and Hubby doesn't either!  Love!


The package even included dessert from House of Bread - a local bakery and cafe making lovely delights!

Lemon Bar and Brownie!  Love!

The whole meal was delicious and I felt better immediately - might have been the pie, but I think it was also the Love!

May your troubles be few, but if they are many - may you have people who help you feel the love every day!  Blessed Be!




No comments:

Post a Comment