Tuesday, July 31, 2012

You've got mail!



Garden Mail that is!  This is a great storage idea for garden tools and those berry baskets and work gloves that are never where you need them!  Put them in a mailbox and close the door.  Weatherproof (mine stays out all year), and easy to use.  I used a two by six as a base and screwed that into a wood post, then I screwed the mailbox to it all around the bottom.  The moose knocked it over one year but I just popped another wood post under it and voila!  I've still got mail!  I got one for my greenhouse as well that is a top opener and holds all sorts of tools, snippers and gloves.  Both of my boxes came from the Salvation Army store - just keep an eye out and you'll get lucky one day!  You can also put fun covers on your mailbox - or paint it with a mural - I just havent got that far!  Its a great place for imagination to wander and it can also work as a vining stand for clematis, beans, or roses! 

The top photo also shows one of my rain barrels with a leaky hose draped over the top - thats an easy way to gather water that otherwise might be wasted!

No comments:

Post a Comment