Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Nights to remember


I had my second and presumably last Senior Night at the rink the other night and it was wonderful and wistful all at the same time.  Wonderful that all of these great kids are in their last season of hockey at the high school level, and wonderful that they all made it that far and that some will go on and play in other places at other levels.  Wistful because this is the last.


These pictures were taken seven years apart.  It is funny that although these are seven years apart, there is the same tilt of the head, same almost sideways smile, and same team even though the jerseys are different now.  Reed wore #16 in honor of his brother and even though there is no crying in hockey I got a little teary eyed during the game as I watched him play - with honor and a glad heart.

  I also cried a little when I really wanted to text Rye when Reed scored, I even got out the phone and dialed in the number and wondered at why it stayed that funny grey color that means its not a valid number.  But I remember this night as though it was just last week, I remember the smell and the flavors of both of the nights.  I will forever remember, Senior Night.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa I love this, It brought a tear and a smile to my heart. It sounds like an incredible night to say the least.

    Zachary Lovelace

    ReplyDelete