Monday, July 20, 2015

A hook for the hose!

Hose storage during the summer is one of the biggest hang-ups (pun intended) that I have here at Wicked Raven Farm.  They are always in the way it seems, but you don't want to put them all the way away each time, especially when it is this hot and we are watering all day.  The guy who does my mowing (aka hubby) has sometimes run over them, or even torn them trying to get them out of the way to mow and there is never enough hose in one area to get as far as you need to go without getting another round out of the storage area!  What to do? What to do?

Enter the simple hook from Lowe's!


I got these little "J" hooks in the landscape/garden section at Lowe's and they are about $2.50 each and are complete with the screws to hang them.


This one is hanging on the front side of our white shed.


I have a hook on each end to hold hose to go all the way out to the end of the yard where I have some Sea Buckthorn bushes, a choke cherry, and a MayDay tree that I am trying to keep alive in this drought/heat wave!

We are also using them at the school garden to hold our hoses there.  The above photo shows only one hook up (drill battery died).  You dont have to have a power drill to hang these up - its just faster!


Here is a hook on the garden mailbox.  Now I have all the tools and the hose right there where the berry bushes and huglekulture are.


Here is the opposite side of the shed.  I am also putting hose hook on a 4x4 post  to plant near the driveway for that side of the yard.  I probably have 500 feet of hose on the farm so it really has to be convenient and easy for me to get hose where I need it.  I think any hook that is large enough to hold hose will work for this - even the ones that are for hanging baskets on.  They make some really pretty hook set ups so I know you could find some that will work where you need a hook for your hose!



No comments:

Post a Comment