Wednesday, March 7, 2018

The People Quilt Goes to Town!

You may have read about my "People Quilt" and how it goes on adventures with me.  If not you can read them here! and here!  It has been to a gun show sleepover, a quilt retreat, a Fairbanks road trip and now it has been to a Water Well Convention in Anchorage!

We stayed in Anchorage at the Lakeside Hotel (next to Lake Hood) and its always an adventure travel anywhere with the "weird water people"! First of all the roads were terrible - a 13 car pile up happened on the other side of the highway I was travelling on as I was heading into Anchorage!  My sister in law was coming to stay with me for the second day (her hubby brought her in due to the bad roads) and when I first arrived they had issued me a room with only one bed - a lovely King sized bed but - alas we are not one bed sleepers now.  Of course I had trooped all my stuff - including the People Quilt up to the room and I had to troop all the way back down to get a room change!

Here she is on the Queen sized bed closest to the window.  I like the window side of any room for some reason, but in this room it was quite necessary!!  We are true Alaskans and we keep our house about 68 degrees - 71 is too hot for us in a room and certainly for sleeping!


Yes that says 84 degrees!!!!! It had been 88 when I arrived at the room and turned the heat off!  Our lovely friends from Florida and Georgia and Arizona and those hot places where the Alaskan type of cold are unheard of enjoy it this hot apparently - me however not so much!  But Alaskans are adaptable.......


So here is the people quilt with the open window behind it - and yes that is snow on the ground and the cars - it snowed most of the time while we were in Anchorage and the window stayed open the whole time!  I didnt sleep under the People Quilt so much as kind of hugged it through the night.  We finally got it down to about 74 degrees by the time we were ready to leave - but it was some good conference information and a good adventure for the People Quilt!  Stay tuned!  More adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment