Thursday, March 14, 2019

Its your Dream! Put it out there! Don't leave it on the bucket list!

 I have been a busy bee quilting and actually sold my first quilt pattern download on my ETSY store "WickedRavenDesigns" just the other day!  Check it out here!  It is an original design and one that I have worked on for a long time!  It is called "Twisted Star".  I was waiting until it was "perfect" before publishing and adding it to the store but a friend said to me - "why are you waiting?  Just do it!  You could die tomorrow and all of that time would be wasted and no one would ever get to enjoy it - including you!"  So I just did it!  It felt great!  I'm not going to get rich quilting - at least not any time soon - or maybe ever- but it is a great feeling to let the ideas flow and be creative, making something in my head take shape on paper or with fabric!  It gives me an outlet for some of my energy when I cant sleep or when I'm struggling with overwhelm or sadness.  Quilting still soothes me!



This is one of the colorways I used for the sample block.  This one actually went to the Copyright office - back when you had to actually send them physical samples (or at least way more than you do now)!  That is how long I have been working on this pattern and hesitantly making my way towards publishing!  

I have about 5 more designs in the works and I am slowly also getting them ready for market.  My biggest drawback is that math is not my strongest area of education so I am often stumped at the math in some of the pieces I want to use. 

Here is another two colorway using florals.  It makes for an interesting spin on the block.
Here is another colorway that I made a small quilt out of.  I was really happy with how the initial pattern made a secondary pattern (the ring in the middle).  So seeing all of these different options - I have put a lot of work into this and my friend was right - all that time would be wasted if I didn't put it out there!  It's not perfect - yet - but aren't we always a work in progress?  We are!

What's YOUR dream?  What is inside of you waiting for the moment when someone says "What are you waiting for?"  Put it out there!  Dream big, small or medium - there's room for all the dreams!

Just Begin.  Blessed Be!







No comments:

Post a Comment