Monday, March 4, 2019

A little Tea Time.....For Hockey!?!

We are all in this together.  Any one who knows me or has sometimes even heard about me knows that I spend a lot of time in the hockey arena.  Not just watching hockey, and not just my kids, or my family.  ALL the kids, and ALL the hockey, including our Big Lake Lions Rec Center, the Houston High Hockey team, and the comp/league teams locally- sometimes even not so local!  A LOT of being a hockey supporter is fundraising - fundraising for ice bills, gear for kids who cant afford it, and lately a lot of time for entire teams and our Rec Center that survived an earthquake (read about that here) and came out stronger and with more supporters! 
What does all of that have to do with Tea time you ask?
Everything my little ice bug, everything!

Right now in Big Lake Alaska, This - 

Is what we are dealing with!  


Nearly a "snowpocalypse" - completely devastating to lower 48 states, but in Alaska, just an annoyance because this -

 is what we are getting ready for!  The Alaska Pond Hockey Classic!  A great fundraisr for the Scotty Gomez Foundation (if you dont know who he is click on the name and check it out).  It's an annual event that is super fun and brings hockey and ice fans from all over the place!  Also will be a great fundraiser for the Houston High team - we are in charge of parking this year!  There has been a LOT of snow moved to prepare for this event!  

But in all reality - I am ready for this -

Tea party!  Outdoor Tea Party!  In the sun, with green stuff growing and blooming and, and, and....

Last summer (early fall actually), one of the local girls hockey teams (Raeley's - my neice) was needing to raise some funds to go to an out of state tournament and someone suggested that they have a "Tea Time for Stick Time".  (Stick time = ice time).  So they did!  I know you remember me writing about how important Tea Party is for everyone and in fact Ive written about it a few times!

One of the guest area displays above - complete with hockey skate turned vase!



Above is the menu's and an explanation of what was served at the Stick Time Tea Party!  It was a three course, high tea style tea party and the members of the girls team were the hostesses!  They were dressed up and they poured tea, and brought courses, and made it so fun!  I had favorites in each course, but if you ask me tomorrow they will be different - not a bad bite or sip in the whole lot!

The second "savories" course above and the "scones course" below, complete with clotted cream and jam.


One of the tea pots and a cup of tea below.  


There was a different tea pot and cup sets for each table, and everything was decorated beautifully!


Every girl loves a tea party!  Two of the young attendees wonderfully dressed to the nines!  Left young lady is my niece, and the other is a cousin!


You can see above that the sky was overcast but it was still warm and wonderful in the yard at Snowfire Gardens!  We sat with wonderful ladies and had fun visits and took pictures and toured the wonderful gardens.  And we had tea!


Above is our table - I am the one in the bright blue at the back.  Somehow my tea party hat (which actually has a delightful dragonfly on it) ended up looking like a "Jeff Corwin Special" from a distance!  More suited for "Curious George" than tea party it seems!  The other girls way out did me hat wise but it was fun and I did NOT wear tennis shoes - or "go fast shoes" as I call them.  My sandals matched my shirt! My skirt DID have pockets though - following my personal rule there still!! 


Above are the family members of mine who were at the party!  14 total!  Kim - my sister-in-law - in the front with the black apron is another uber hockey mom and the "team mom" at the time for this girls team!  Raeley is our girl on the team in the other black apron on the right. The team just won the Pacific District Championships and will go to New York in April to play in the National Championships!  Wish them luck and have a cuppa in salute!  And if you get a chance to - have a tea party with some hockey players - it might just be the most fun you've had in an ice age!

Blessed be!

No comments:

Post a Comment