Sunday, December 3, 2023

The Jealousy of Hyacinth

 It was a bit of a rough summer here in the Burg - TONS of rain and really very cold from winter all the way through winter again!  Plants didnt really want to grow and seed planted sometimes didnt germinate at all (lettuce mix) or at least not that well (beets)! 



The only thing that I thought did really well here were some of the herbs and especially the Mint - above you can see a Mojito Mint plant and behind it to the right is some Thyme and a Lemon Balm and way in the back behind the white birch is a Chocolate Mint!  
 I also am able to grow Avocados it seems and if I even touch a seed and set it on top of old dry dirt in an old dry pot - it will grow!  The Hubby has stopped saving them now and hides them deep in the garbage!  If he leaves them on the counter - I rightly assume that he wants me to have it - like Dobby the Elf - and that he wants me to grow it!  I have even put them in the worm bin and had them grow - repotted them and they grew like mad!  A friend has this particular one and is trying to make a go of Avocado!  The Hubby has vowed to never leave one out again!

But my greatest summer accompishment is this!  A pot of Hyacinth that had been given to me for Office Professionals day or some such thing and I had brought them home from the school and set them outside the greenhouse after they died back from blooming.....and then I sort of forgot about them until.....it froze!  And......I wasnt ready - even though I should have been!

So I brought that pot indoors and set it on the counter top and lo and behold they started to grow!  That little frost was just what they needed to come out of the dormancy they were in and to begin again!

I thought it might be a fluke but they kept going and I put them in the Kitchen Garden Window with the Herbs pots and the Cactus tray and they kept growing!

Until finally they bloomed in all their delicious smelling beauty!
"Hyacinths symbolize jealousy, a desire for forgiveness, joy, and sincerity, depending on the flower color. Yellow hyacinths are linked to jealousy, purple flowers mean you're seeking forgiveness, and blue hyacinths are tied to sincere care." The Bouqs Blog

I havent been able to figure out what Pink Hyacynths symbolize - but Im pretty sure it means "Got frozen and Lived to become a Jealousy!"

They have finished blooming once again and only the leaves are there to prove anything is in the pot, but come Spring-ish Ill try it again and see if they wont bloom - maybe - if I remember!

May all of your forgets and mistakes bloom into a Jealousy of Hyacynth and may you be blessed with forgiveness of the errors - even if you are acidentally growing Avocado!

Blessed Be!




No comments:

Post a Comment