Tuesday, February 27, 2024

A BIrthday Good Thing for your 31

 Today you would be 31 years old.  31 years old at 8:15 pm.  It is a beautiful sunny day today finally, after all the crazy storms we have had it is nice to have your day be so beautiful.

The friends of the dead have come out in force to support us and have called, messaged, and sent hugs from near and far - some even coming right to us to try to hug a cactus today!  We have had notes given with love and support to help us keep going, and to try to give us a little love and remind of that the love stays, as we manage the day.

Today I am doing a good thing to honor you and to give a dear friend a good thing too, some who loves you and whom you love.  It required me to leave the house today and to go out into the world and be present with people and especially this friend who will be travelling soon to have cancer treatment.  I know you will be with us today and I know you will have her in your angel wings as she travels for this hard thing.  This is the first birthday since you died that I have left the house I think, and it was exhausting but good.

Today I delivered this quilt to my dear friend Dana - the only thing I can do to make her life a little easier as she goes to have cancer treatment out of state.  We had lunch together and visited and talked about all of our kids and some of the hard things we are both dealing with right now......

We remembered you and we laughed and cried a little, and right there in the restaurant, she prayed with me and for me and for us and I for her.  
I thanked her for giving me her time today, your birthday, and one of my hardest days of the year, and she said she was honored to spend the time with me and to have the gift that was made with love and magic, and a little bit of angel too.

Blessed be - do good things both large and small, and if you are a believer in any higher power, throw up some prayers for my Dana and her family, for me and my family, and for all of us struggling right now with the world, and always, always love your people!

We March!

No comments:

Post a Comment