Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Naughty Ike Steals a Shoe!

 I think all of you have heard of Naughty Ike by now - the Valentines gift gone slightly awry from 2022?  The two year old who acts like it?  Yes thats him!

He is a 130 pound wonder of love and no idea of his own size or how much he weighs!  What does he know?  He knows that he likes the remote controls and my Sanita hand painted shoes with the beautiful Dragonfly Dragon Rye's on them that I sourced off of Marketplace and paid extra to have them shipped because at the time, I didnt have time to drive to Anchorage (or the energy) during the busy time of both my jobs!

This is them - in all their splendor at moms house showing them off to her!  She was proud of me that I actually got something for myself - although pre owned - that made my heart happy!

Mom came out withour her shoes on even - luckily it was warm out that day!

I love these shoes! Should I say I loved them!

They went with everything - they were my special "dress up" shoes!  I wore them when I needed to feel good going to places that might be hard for me!  They were so comfortable and easy to slip on and off, and they never made my feet stinky either!  They were all day walkers!
And now.......Ike strikes again!

Hubby thought they might be repairable but he chewed them all the way down to the metal in the sole and then he chewed them some more!
Here I am at a wedding - wearing the shoes!  The special shoes so even if I was looking down - those Dragonflies would be flying all around!
He got both of them - I kept them in the bedroom with the door shut and he got the door open and got these shoes!  Not the crappy ones that are rubber but hurt and make your feet stink which these ones never did!


Here they are on the counter and you can tell who did it!  Brix was NOT involved in the shoe stealing!  He wants to bolt away!  Ike knows - and he does look remorseful!  I asked "Did you eat my shoes?"

If Brix could point..... you know who he would be pointing at!  But MoMMMM.....It was an accident!  Accidental shoe eating?  Pretty sure it wasnt!  
The very next day he ran out onto the lake and made a spectacle of himself with some fishermen who were just trying to enjoy the day!  Luckily - once again it was some of our nice neighbors - Ike was just saying a barky hello and Brix just showed up to chill and fish with the nice lady who had some shrimp for bait!  I got my steps in but not how I planned and I was so mad!

Here he is - under my desk where he really doesnt fit anymore and where he ends up unplugging my mouse most days if I let him get under there!  He was trying to make up and snuggle me cuz he knew I was very salty towards him!

I will be glad when the "twos" are over!  I never even had this much trouble with the boys when they were two!  We had a few things they would do, but the people boys were never shoe wreckers - at least not mine!  I know this too shall pass and I am practicing patience and learning new "coping skills"!

May you have great shoes to make memories in, nice neighbors to help get your dogs home, and a few baby gates to keep them out of the rooms!

Blessed Be!


No comments:

Post a Comment