Sunday, January 7, 2018

Funding our dreams a dime at a time!

I am a big fan of dreams!  I like it when I hear people dreaming big!  I hear lots of dreams from kids and grown ups at the school, here at home and even in the grocery store!  Some of the kids are eloquent and passionate about their dreams and some of them are hesitant, as if they don't quite believe they are worthy of such a big dream.  I think that even those hesitant dreams are worthy of praise and push - you know - encouragement.

I have worked with a number of non-profits and sports teams over the years and they all have one thing in common - fundraising!  They all have to do fundraising all the time - for sports even in the off season.  It is never ending and all of us dream of a benefactor coming forward (think Daddy Warbucks here) to solve all of the problems that money could solve!

I am also always looking for creative ways for newlyweds and others to have a little spare change literally to help them start a new life .  Enter the "dime jar".  This is an upcycled bottle from pretty much any source that will hold a fairly large amount of change and has a hole at least large enough for a dime to fit into it!


Above shows the labels I printed to put on my newest "dime jars"  the above bottle just happens to be a Margarita mix bottle and it will hold any size change except for the half and silver dollar sizes - but pennies to quarters will fit right in!


Here you can read the label - it lets you write in the dream and a "By:" date if you choose!  That way your goal is specific and time bound!  It also makes it easier to stay the course so to speak, and to keep from robbing the bottle! 




The bottles above on the right are glass bottles that were from my oldest sons Prom - there were extras and I bought a few of them - they had the Prom motto and the dates on it but I used nail polish remover and wiped that off so I could use them for other things!  I did have to trim the labels to make them work with the rounder bottle - its both round and concave so the square label just didn't fit right - trimming worked great.


This "dime jar" is also a great way to start the new year and start making a "change" for yourself!  Drop your loose change in and it adds up fast!  What is your dream?  Write it on a jar - Even a Mason jar will work or a coffee can - and start making that dream (change) come true! 

Happy New Year!!!  Dream big!!!

1 comment: